Friday, May 4, 2012

We're Official!


We've received our two pieces of paper that make the BakeHouse a legitimate COMMERCIAL business in Las Cruces, NM! I stressed Commercial since this is the status that will not only allow for us to sell at the Farm Market, but also allow for us to sell to restaurants, stores and to ship bread. I also had to register with the FDA, but there is no certificate to display - only a number :(

We felt like we'd graduated from school when we put them in their frames. This morning we found ourselves looking at them with a sense of awe - we did it!


Our Board of Health Certificate

Our City of Las Cruces, Home based business License
So when is there going to be bread? I met with with the Farm Market office and my mom and I have to attend an orientation meeting on 5/8/12. At this meeting we'll find out when our first day at the Las Cruces Farmers & Crafts Market will be. I've been firing the oven daily and next week I'll be producing small bakes since our Walk In for proofing isn't completed yet.

We're waiting for the Thermocouples to arrive from Ovencrafters in California. These will assist me with the larger bakes in helping me establish just how much heat has been stored in the oven mass. The first couple of bakes will be a bit tricky until I get acquainted with the new BakeHouse Oven. It will have it's very own personality, but it will take some time for it's true self to be revealed to me, the baker. The Oven will have no issue with humbling me if I don't respect it :)

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there. We are looking forward to several family celebrations coming up in the next two weeks. It will force us to take a much needed break. Then we'll regroup and get ready to tackle the "To Do" list again!

The BakeHouse prep room waiting for action!

So stay tuned. Next week we'll start to transition over to the Oven and Bread production. 
It's so awesome to share this particular Blog with all of you! Thoughtfully, Kath

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations. Our prayers have been answered. Also, remember that portion of our prayers "Give us today our daily bread..."
    :)

    ReplyDelete