Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Flour Samples Arrive . . .


I received quite a bit of curiosity in regard to our search for a supplier for our flour, so I only thought it fitting to share today's delivery with you. I had contacted three Flour brands: King Arthur, General Mills and a company in California that handles Central Milling Flour. Imagine my surprise when I arrived home today to find 150 pounds of Artisan Flour direct from the General Mills plant in Kansas City, MO! I had spoken to their Rep. for the Southwest region last week - and she did mention sending me sample flour, but I didn't expect 150 lbs. of it!

So the test baking will begin in earnest. I've been using General Mills conventional flour which goes under the Gold Medal name in grocery stores and I've found the dough to responds fairly well. I'm anxious to see how the dough responds to their flour that is milled specifically for Hearth Breads!

A very generous gift from General Mills!

I pulled out my flour buckets from the original BakeHouse. It's hard to explain, but it felt good to go through the process of opening the bags and emptying the flour in to the buckets.

I'll be sure to share the results of the test baking - thoughtfully, Kath

No comments:

Post a Comment