Monday, December 19, 2011

Day 8

This past week has been a blur. So much was going on all at once that I'm glad we were taking photos or I wouldn't have believed that it all happened! It started out with Tom going to Phoenix, AZ to pick up dumpsters and trash cans for the company he works for. It worked out really nicely since we needed to go to Phoenix to pick up the firebrick and the lumnite that we needed for the oven.

The pallet of fire bricks fit just perfect amongst the dumpsters.

Mason Mart in Phoenix, AZ was Tom's first stop.
Bruce was kind enough to hold our order for several weeks.

While Tom was in Phoenix I found myself at a friend's catering kitchen baking bread. The customer had specifically requested Sourdough bread for their catered affair. Fortunately I had taken my starters out of dormancy several weeks ago and they were active and ready to make bread! 

This old behemoth has a way of keeping you very, very humble.
I only used the paddle attachment for a short time.
In the end, with careful monitoring, the dough did just fine.
It felt good to be standing at a bench again - I can't wait to have
my prep kitchen ready to go!
Then it was Saturday. We did have a beautiful day. I was able to unload all the fire bricks while Tom continued to work on the base of the oven. Tom is looking forward to having a full day to work on the oven without having to take part of his day traveling to get the roll off truck to transport all the supplies. 


I had a constant companion in Copper while stacked the fire bricks.

Copper also kept an eye on Tom. 

The days end.

The supplies are stacking up.
As I update the blog today, it is overcast, windy, cold and spitting a mix of snow and rain here in Las Cruces. All of our dear friends on the East Coast would laugh at how soft we all are! We get one day without any sunshine and we're all whining. It's pitiful! So we're not expecting any sympathy :)


Bradley is growing up fast. He's one of the most curious dogs we've ever met.
And he continues to be too cute!
Tom and I want to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas.
Thoughtfully - Kath

No comments:

Post a Comment