Sunday, February 27, 2011

Patience and Practice

Buenos Dias from Las Cruces, NM.
I was up at 3:30am this morning to bake off the 18 loaves of bread!
I'm grateful for the La Cloche clay bakers that I have - they are the closest I can get to what I pulled out of my Brick oven in NJ.
Speaking of the oven . . . yes, we are in the planning stages and we're really excited about it. It's amazing how long it takes to adjust to a big move and to closing down the BakeHouse in NJ.




In the meantime I'm putting our little kitchen to the test. It's amazing how creative you can get when you're passionate about something!
As you can see . . . it's very easy to convert a counter top to a bench:)








I find that I still do things the same way in regard to getting my Mise en place.













OK . . . I've had to really adjust to this mixer. And my husband Tom has become a pro at fixing it! I don't think it likes the demand I've put on it even though my mixes are very short . . . I think it also knows that I really, really miss my Big Boy Spiral Arm.







Here it is in waiting. The encouraging thing is that the mixer is waiting in the room that we hope will become my BakeHouse :)




And here's the last two loaves of the bake, Apple Pecan. I plan on entering this bread in the Western Pecan Growers Pecan Food Contest next weekend!
I'll let you know how it goes!









It's now 6:30am, the bake is done, sun is coming up and it looks like it's going to be another beautiful New Mexico Day! Be well everyone & blessings - Kath

No comments:

Post a Comment